Printable TSD Navigation Tables
Tables designed for solving common Time-Speed-Distance navigation
problems are used by many teams to stay on-time. You can
- design your own tables, using a spreadsheet or computer program,
- purchase a book of tables, or
- go to the pages listed below and print the ones you want on your
Hints when printing tables:
- Experiment with the font settings in your browser before printing.
Many browsers use the font you use to view pages to control the size
of the font used to print pages.
- Several versions of each table are provided: plain text vs HTML
table-based, and versions with different spacing. Try printing a
sample of each of the versions of a simple table before commiting
to printing all the tables.
- The HTML versions of the tables adjust their size as you change
the width of your browser window. Just resize you browser till you get
a format you like.
- If you really want to reformat the table and are handy with
HTML, you can download the HTML source, edit it on your machine, and
view the modified page locally.
Conversion: Seconds => Cents
This table converts from seconds into cents (hundredths of a minute).
seconds x 1.6666 => cents
Conversion: Cents => Seconds
This table converts from cents (hundredths of a minute) into seconds.
cents x 0.60 => seconds
Speed => Rate
Some TSD navigation strategies are based on knowing the
Rate ("minutes-per-mile") at your assigned speed.
This table shows the minutes to travel one mile at various speeds.
The table can be used to convert MPH to minutes-per-mile and
KPH to minutes-per-kilometer.
------- => Rate
Perfect Time to Travel
With a few additions, you can get time perfect time to cover any
distance at any assigned speed:
- Look up the time to cover the whole miles in the table
- Look up the time to cover the tenths, moving the decimal place
one position to the left
- Look up the time to cover the hundredths, moving the decimal place
two positions to the left
- Add the three numbers together to get the perfect time
For example, the perfect time to cover 2.73 miles at 39 MPH:
2 . 7 3
v v v
| | |
3.077 Time to cover 2 miles <----------- / /
at 39 MPH / /
+ 1.077 Time to cover 7 miles is 10.77, <----- /
then move decimal 1 place /
+ 0.046 Time to cover 3 miles is 4.61, <-------
then move decimal 2 places
4.200 = Time to cover 2.73 miles at 39 MPH.
This table can be also be used for kilometers and kph.
DISTANCE-in-miles x 60
---------------------- => TIME-in-minutes
Note: You may want to switch your printer to Landscape mode to print